Monday, November 16, 2009

If you died today, what would your last words be?

I know the title is a little morbid. But I managed to get something off from Shaw Wooten's blog recently.
He was basically calling us to take our discipleship higher. Thanks to google translator, I could make out what he wanted to say.
So what would your last words be? That tot lingered in my head. I was thinking along the line of "Lord, receive me", "Lord, forgive me", etc...........
But I can't help but to sing to the tune in my head, "I'm coming up Lord! I'm coming up soon!"
Well, I really don't know what I would say......... Probably need time to think and ponder about this.
Another thing he mentioned was, what would others say in the eulogy? Would it be, "Oh I knew Alex. Fun guy who loves Movies. His favourite movie was Star Wars........... etc...." Would you think that the info shared in the eulogy would be sad or happy if someone said that?
To me I would be sad. Not that I don't appreciate the person for knowing my favourite movie or basketball team. But its sad to me that probably I did not make use of the time to share deeper tots or insights with this person. I hope I won't fall into that category in the future. I'll be depressed man....... LOL!
I always remembered Shawn sharing with us the true story about this brother in Ukraine who went back to him hometown to start a church. But soon passed away leaving behind his wife and kid. But within that short few months he impacted so many people. The brother who did the eulogy asked people to put up their hands if they were brought to church by the deceased brother, and the a number of hands came up. Then leaving the hands up, he asked again who were impacted by the people whose hands are already, again more hands rose, and it went on..... By the end of the 10mins almost a full room of hands were up. That one small decision made by the brother to reach out to impact people around him had spread like wildfire amongst that small community. Truly impacting the lives of many and making his life a beautiful poetry.
Hope this short lunch sharing managed to inspire some of us. It surely did inspire me. =)

No comments: